Lonicera ligustrina var pileata
(Box-leaved Honeysuckle) Lonicera ligustrina var pileata is a robust medium sized evergreen shrub with glossy green leaves year round.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
Lonicera ligustrina var pileata is a robust medium sized to large evergreen shrub with glossy green leaves year round. small white flowers appear on the branches in late spring followed by small blackish-blue fruit later in the year.
Excellent choice of shrub for shaping or screening.
- Position: Full sun, partial shade or heavy shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soils but Lonicera ligustrina var pileata dislikes water logging or very wet ground.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Although usually evergreen it can have some slight bruising on the leaves or even drop some leaves in cold winters.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera ligustrina var pileata grows to be a densely branched small to medium sized shrub.
- Height: up to 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (under 5 ft), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge