Lonicera standishii 'Budapest'
A rare semi-evergreen honeysuckle, Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' is a compact medium sized shrub with beautiful, scented pinkish-white flowers which emerge in late winter and narrow lance shaped leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A rare semi-evergreen honeysuckle, Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' has beautiful, scented, pink-white flowers which emerge in late winter and narrow lance shaped leaves. These leaves are a copper/bronze colour when young in spring, turning dark green as they age.
A compact shrub, ideal for growing against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' requires shelter from cold winter winds and can drop some leaves after severe cold.
- Flowering Period: November - March.
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' grows to be a compact, upright, medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Prune to shape after flowering if required. As a semi-evergreen plant, Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' will drop its leaves in a cold winter and keep them on the branches in a mild winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Evergreen, Scented, Rare and Unusual
You might also like