Lonicera standishii 'Budapest'
A rare semi-evergreen honeysuckle, Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' is a compact medium sized shrub with beautiful, scented pinkish-white flowers which emerge in late winter and narrow lance shaped leaves.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare semi-evergreen honeysuckle, Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' has beautiful, scented, pink-white flowers which emerge in late winter and narrow lance shaped leaves. These leaves are a copper/bronze colour when young in spring, turning dark green as they age.
A compact shrub, ideal for growing against a sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' requires shelter from cold winter winds and can drop some leaves after severe cold.
- Flowering Period: November - March.
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' grows to be a compact, upright, medium sized shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Prune to shape after flowering if required. As a semi-evergreen plant, Lonicera standishii 'Budapest' will drop its leaves in a cold winter and keep them on the branches in a mild winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Winter, Evergreen, Scented, Rare and Unusual