Lonicera x 'Clavey's Dwarf'
(Shrub Honeysuckle) Lonicera x 'Clavey's Dwarf' is a handsome, small to medium sized, densely branching shrub with with fragrant pale yellow-white flowers in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Lonicera x 'Clavey's Dwarf' is a handsome, small to medium sized, densely branching shrub with with fragrant pale yellow-white flowers in early summer. These flowers are followed by translucent red berries in late summer. The leaves are small and dusty blueish-green in colour.
Tough and hardy, this is an excellent shrub for screening and low hedges. Flowers popular with bees and butterflies.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera x 'Clavey's Dwarf' grows to be a small to medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: The full name of this plant is Lonicera x xylosteoides 'Clavey's Dwarf'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Screening/Hedge