Lonicera pileata 'Moss Green'
(Privet Honeysuckle) Tough and reliable, Lonicera pileata 'Moss Green' is an evergreen ground cover shrub with small, dark, mossy green leaves.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Tough and reliable, Lonicera pileata 'Moss Green' is an evergreen ground cover shrub with small, dark, mossy green leaves. It is suitable for a position in sun or heavy shade and the dark green leaves make an excellent foil for smaller, more colourful plants in front of it.
Can be planted and pruned to grow as a small evergreen hedge if required (spacing approx 1 plant per 40 - 50 cm)
- Position: Full sun, partial shade or heavy shade.
- Soil: Most fertile soils but Lonicera pileata 'Moss Green' dislikes water logging or very wet ground.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera pileata 'Moss Green' grows to be a small, spreading shrub.
- Height: up to 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Shade, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small, Shrub - Medium, Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge
- On sale!