(Winter Flowering Honeysuckle) An extremely rare and lovely shrub, Lonicera elisae has a compact, upright habit and masses of delicate pale white, tubular flowers which appear on the branches in late winter.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An extremely rare and lovely shrub, Lonicera elisae has a compact, upright habit and masses of delicate pale white, tubular flowers which appear on the branches in late winter. The new leaves are dark purple in colour turning to green as they age later in the year.
A medium sized garden shrub with beautiful flowers, Lonicera elisae grows best in a sunny, sheltered position. Lonicera elisae is named after Elisa Bailly de Vilmorin, wife of Louis de Vilmorin, as in Sorbus vilmorinii.
- Position: Sheltered Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Lonicera elisae appreciates shelter from strong, cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: January - March
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Lonicera elisae grows to be a medium sized, upright shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft) / [up to 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years]
This rare honeysuckle was first described as a herbarium specimen collected by Adrien Franchet in China in the 19th century and only introduced to cultivation in the west by Roy Lancaster from Western Hubei in 1983.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £15.00New Price Each £18.50New Price Each £32.00Regular price £9.95 -5% New Price Each £9.45
New Price Each £12.95
- On sale!
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £22.95New Price Each £35.00