Liquidambar styraciflua 'Stared'
(Sweet Gum) Liquidambar styraciflua 'Stared' is a fascinating and colourful medium sized tree which has deeply cut, star-shaped leaves that turn fabulous shades of scarlet and deep red.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A fascinating and colourful selection of Liquidambar, which has deeply cut, star-shaped leaves that turn fabulous shades of scarlet and deep red. The unusual leaves make this cultivar distinct, with foliage interest in the spring and summer as well as glorious autumn colour.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liquidambar styraciflua 'Stared' will grow well in most areas but will produce its most bright and vivid autumn colour in lime free or acidic soils.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Young plants can suffer die back after very severe late spring frosts, but usually recover well.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Liquidambar styraciflua 'Stared' grows to be a medium sized or eventually a large, branching tree.
- Height: 18 m (60 ft).
- Spread: 12 m (40 ft).
- Notes: The above height and spread is a good estimate for the Midlands. In the south of the U.K., this may grow to be a slightly larger trees and in the north of the U.K., slightly smaller. This plant is also known as Liquidambar styraciflua 'Star Red'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium, Tree - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour