Lonicera x tellmanniana
A lovely and unusual climbing honeysuckle, Lonicera x tellmanniana has masses of rich coppery-yellow flowers in terminal clusters in mid summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A lovely and unusual climbing honeysuckle, Lonicera x tellmanniana has masses of rich coppery-yellow flowers in terminal clusters in mid summer. Established plants give a spectacular display of summer flowers!
Excellent as part of a 'hot' border and ideal against a sunny wall or fence, Lonicera x tellmanniana is also very pretty if allowed to climb up and cover an old tree trunk. This honeysuckle will also grow in some shade, although generally with slightly fewer flowers.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Orange-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Lonicera x tellmanniana grows to be a large, twining climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Scented, Flowers in Summer