Liriodendron x 'Chapel Hill'
(Early-flowering Tulip Tree) Liriodendron x 'Chapel Hill' is one of two beautiful early flowering, new hybrid tulip trees recently introduced to the United Kingdom.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
One of two beautiful early flowering, new hybrid tulip trees recently introduced to the United Kingdom. This particular, rare, grafted selection has the more commonly seen American tulip tree foliage, with large spade-like green leaves and striking, copper-green flowers as a relatively young plant without the familiar long wait normally endured before the standard Liriodendron tulipifera flowers.
Liriodendron x 'Chapel Hill' is a good choice of tree for larger gardens and woodland areas and should flower before it is ten years of age.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liriodendron tulipifera does generally not grow well in dry soils, prone to drying out in summer.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green with orange markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a large branching tree.
- Height: up to 25 m (82 ft). (up to 4 m after 10 years)
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft). (up to 3 m after 10 years)
- Notes: This plant will produce better quality, larger leaves in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual