Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road'
A new, small deciduous shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' has branches covered with upright spikes of pretty bright pink flowers in late spring or early summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A new, small deciduous shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' has branches covered with upright spikes of pretty bright pink flowers in late spring or early summer. The pinnate (feather-like) leaves are mid green, sometimes turning handsome shades of golden yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
An attractive small shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' is ideal for planting in a sunny border and can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' can suffer from some die back following a very cold winter, however it usually recovers well in the following year.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Bright pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small upright shrub spreading a little with age.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that until established, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' appear to be a little spindly and bare once they have lost their leaves in winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like