- Sold Out
Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road'
A new, small deciduous shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' has branches covered with upright spikes of pretty bright pink flowers in late spring or early summer.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
A new, small deciduous shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' has branches covered with upright spikes of pretty bright pink flowers in late spring or early summer. The pinnate (feather-like) leaves are mid green, sometimes turning handsome shades of golden yellow and bronze before falling in autumn.
An attractive small shrub, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' is ideal for planting in a sunny border and can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' can suffer from some die back following a very cold winter, however it usually recovers well in the following year.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Bright pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small upright shrub spreading a little with age.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that until established, Indigofera himalayensis 'Silk Road' appear to be a little spindly and bare once they have lost their leaves in winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small, Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Honey Fungus Resistant