Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea'
(Variegated English Holly) Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' is a curious holly and very attractive variegated holly with tiny spines on the surface of the leaves as well as the edges.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A curious holly and very attractive variegated holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' has spines on the surface of the leaves as well as the edges. The leaves are dark green, lined with a handsome silvery-white variegation.
Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' is a fairly slow growing shrub but once established, the dense habit and spiny leaves make this a good barrier plant and it can be pruned to create an unusual hedge.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized shrub with a branching, rounded habit.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft) / or up to 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft after 10 years)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / or up to 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft after 10 years)
- Notes: Ilex aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' is a male holly, suitable for pollinating nearby female hollies
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge, Foliage - Variegated