Hydrangea 'Blue Deckle'
A handsome, compact small to medium sized shrub, Hydrangea serrata 'Blue Deckle' is a lace-cap with clusters of blue to pink, toothed ray florets in summer and early autumn.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome, compact small to medium sized shrub, Hydrangea serrata 'Blue Deckle' is a lace-cap with clusters of blue to pink, toothed ray florets in summer and early autumn. The exact flower colour depends on your soil pH with blue flowers usually being seen in more acid soils. The leaves are dark green in spring and summer with attractive purple and red autumn colours once established.
Most suitable for a position in sun or light, dappled to partial shade with a little shelter from cold winds.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: late June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate .
- Habit: Hydrangea serrata 'Blue Deckle' grows to be a small to medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Autumn, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers