Hydrangea aspera 'Anthony Bullivant'
An unusual shrub, Hydrangea aspera 'Anthony Bullivant' has large dark lilac pink lacecap flowers surrounded by pink ray flowers.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual shrub, Hydrangea aspera 'Anthony Bullivant' has large dark lilac pink lacecap flowers surrounded by pink ray flowers. The leaves are large, soft and covered with fine hairs.
Most suited for a position in light or partial shade with the best leaf size generally being seen if planted in a spot sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Light or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized branching shrub with a rounded habit once established.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Pruning: Remove dead or damaged stems in late winter or early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large