Hosta 'August Moon'
(Plantain Lily) A classic garden plant, Hosta 'August Moon' has handsome soft golden leaves and spikes of pale lavender flowers in summer.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A classic garden plant, Hosta 'August Moon' has handsome soft golden leaves and spikes of pale lavender flowers in summer. The leaf colour is somewhat dependent on the summer sunlight, with the leaves initially emerging lime green and gradually turning more golden as the summer progresses.
- Position: Light, dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Hosta 'August Moon' grows to be a clump forming perennial.
- Height: 6 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 100 - 120 cm (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, To grow in a pot
You might also like