Hedera helix 'Minima'
(Dwarf Ivy) Hedera helix 'Minima' is a handsome, very slow growing, evergreen ground cover plant or very small climber with tiny dark green leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A very slow growing, dwarf cultivar, Hedera helix 'Minima' has dainty, small dark green leaves and an attractive trailing habit. Although making an eye-catching ground cover plant, this ivy will also climb and an established specimen in our gardens has spent many years climbing a tall ornamental stone (shown in the first photo).
Hedera helix 'Minima' is a tough plant which enjoys shady areas and is suitable for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Moderate
- Habit: Hedera helix 'Minima' is a small trailing or ground cover ivy.
- Height: under 15 cm (1/2 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Small (under 10 ft), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, To grow in a pot