Fagus sylvatica 'Felderbach'
Fagus sylvatica 'Felderbach' is an unusual, very slow growing, shrub or eventually very small tree with a distinctive habit and very small dark green leaves.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Dwarf Beech) Fagus sylvatica 'Felderbach' is a striking, slow growing, dwarf tree with small leaves very much like a bonsai. The leaves are dark green and slightly leathery, turning bronze and brown before falling in autumn.
Slow growing and although not instant gratification very suitable for small gardens or for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Fagus sylvatica 'Felderbach' eventually grows to be a large, densely branched shrub. It can be pruned if required.
- Height: 2.5 - 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural
You might also like