(Wood Fern) A superb fern from East Asia, Dryopteris kuratae has glossy green pinnate fronds with a serrate edge.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A superb fern from East Asia, Dryopteris kuratae has glossy green pinnate fronds with a serrate edge. The croziers (unfurling leaves) are covered with black scales. It is hardy but can be semi-evergreen, dropping some leaves in cold winter weather.
Dryopteris kuratae is suited to a position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dryopteris kuratae grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: up to 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, To grow in a pot
You might also like