(Japanese Shield Fern) A very handsome hardy fern, Dryopteris erythrosora has bright coppery-bronze young fronds which gradually turn to a dark green as they mature later in the year.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A very handsome hardy fern, Dryopteris erythrosora has bright coppery-bronze young fronds which gradually turn to a dark green as they mature later in the year. It is semi-evergreen, dropping some leaves in cold winter weather.
Dryopteris erythrosora is suited to a position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Dryopteris erythrosora grows to be a medium sized, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 40 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: up to 20 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot
You might also like