(Wedding Cake Tree) A handsome tree once established, Cornus controversa is native to a large part of Eastern Asia and develops an eye-catching tiered habit over time.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Shipped within 2 - 4 working days
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A handsome tree once established, Cornus controversa is native to a large part of Eastern Asia and develops an eye-catching tiered habit over time. It is a deciduous tree with dark green leaves in spring and summer, turning shades of purple and dark red/orange before falling in autumn. Clusters of small white flower appear in early summer on mature plants which are followed by black fruit.
Cornus controversa will develop its best habit and autumn colour if planted in a position with plenty of sun and some shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade..
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small to medium sized tree eventually with a handsome tiered shape once established.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Habit - Architectural, Rare and Unusual, Autumn Colour
- On sale!