(Large-leaved Dogwood) Cornus macrophylla is an unusual and extremely handsome, multi-stemmed shrub or eventually very small tree with large, oval dark green leaves.
These plants are to large to be delivered and are only available for collection from our nursery. If you add this plant to your basket, delivery options other than collection from nursery will not appear on the order page.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Cornus macrophylla is an unusual, handsome, multi-stemmed shrub or eventually very small tree with large, oval dark green leaves. Established plants have dense heads of white flowers in late summer followed by blueish-black fruit in autumn.bark is grey-brown once established.
A handsome specimen plant most suitable for a position in full sun with shelter from strong wind.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist (but not waterlogged), fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus macrophylla grows to be a large shrub or eventually small, often multi-stemmed branching tree.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Architectural, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!
- On sale!