Cornus kousa 'Mount Fuji'
(Flowering Dogwood) An unusual and attractive dogwood, Cornus kousa 'Mount Fuji' has masses of delicate and narrow, white flushed pink flower bracts in early to mid summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual and attractive dogwood, Cornus kousa 'Mount Fuji' has masses of delicate and narrow, white flushed pink flower bracts in early to mid summer. The flowers are more compact than those of the other Cornus listed here and give this plant a unique appearance.
Although the flowers colour best in a sunny spot, we have found that if grown with a small amount of shade, the bracts of Cornus kousa 'Mount Fuji' can emerge as a jade green in colour before colouring up to white and pink later on.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Pale green, cream and pale pink as they age.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Mount Fuji' grows to be a large shrub in the short term and eventually a small, multi-stemmed tree.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
- On sale!