Cornus kousa 'Miss Satomi'
(Flowering Dogwood) Named after the grand daughter of a Japanese nurseryman, Cornus kousa 'Miss Satomi' is an exceptionally free flowering shrub or eventually small tree with masses of large, rich-pink flower bracts in June.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Named after the grand daughter of a Japanese nurseryman, Cornus kousa 'Miss Satomi' is an exceptionally free flowering selection with masses of large, rich-pink flower bracts in June. On occasions white flowers may be borne, sometimes on the north side of the plant whilst the south facing aspect has pink flowers.
The leaves are bright green, turning shades of red and orange before falling in autumn. After flowering, large ornamental red /or yellow fruit can be produced in a hot summer. A stunning garden plant!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Rich pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Miss Satomi' grows to be a large shrub or eventually spreading small tree.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 6 m ( 20 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of Cornus kousa 'Miss Satomi' is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, To grow in a pot, Fruit - Ornamental, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also likeNew Price Each £65.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00
New Price Each £65.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £28.00