Cornus kousa 'Gold Cup'
(Variegated Flowering Dogwood) Grown for its colourful gold and green variegated leaves, Cornus kousa 'Gold Star' is an exciting foliage plant with pretty creamy white flower bracts in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Grown for its colourful gold and green variegated leaves, Cornus kousa 'Gold Cup' is an exciting foliage plant with pretty creamy white flower bracts in early summer. The variegation takes the form of a roughly central golden strip while the rest of the leaf is a darker green. This is most colourful in spring or early summer with the leaves gradually darkening as they age.
Cornus kousa 'Gold Star' is a sensational garden plant with both long lasting flower bracts and attractive leaves, best in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Gold Star' grows to be a large shrub or eventually small tree with a dense, branching crown.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of Cornus kousa 'Gold Star' is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!