Cornus stolonifera 'Flaviramea'
(Dogwood) An old favourite, Cornus stolonifera 'Flaviramea' is a branching shrub with handsome, mustard yellow-green bare stems in winter.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An old favourite, Cornus stolonifera 'Flaviramea' is a branching shrub with handsome, mustard yellow-green bare stems in winter. Ideal for planting in groups for winter interest and it looks particularly good next to streams and ponds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Cornus stolonifera 'Flaviramea' grows to be a medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned.
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft) if left unpruned.
- Pruning: In our opinion, this plant is most attractive if pruned hard to about 30 - 40 cm above the ground early each spring. This will prevent it getting to large and rejuvenate the plant so the bright coloured stems appear each year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
- On sale!