Cornus kousa 'Laura'
(Variegated Flowering Dogwood) Cornus kousa 'Laura' is a graceful flowering dogwood with narrow, comparatively small green leaves edged with creamy white variegation which turn lovely shades of pink or red before falling in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Graceful flowering dogwood with narrow, comparatively small green leaves edged with creamy white variegation which turn lovely shades of pink or red before falling in autumn.
As well as the attractive leaves, established plants have masses of white flower bracts in warm summers once established. Best suited to a position in dappled or partial shade.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large, upright, densely upright shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- Notes: The flowering of this Cornus is somewhat dependant upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Colour - Variegated, Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
You might also like