Cornus kousa 'Autumn Rose'
(Flowering Dogwood) Cornus kousa 'Autumn Rose' has pale green or creamy white flower bracts, tinged with pink as they age and eye-catching rose pink autumn colour (hence the name).
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Cornus kousa 'Autumn Rose' has pale green or creamy white flower bracts, tinged with pink as they age and eye-catching rose pink autumn colour (hence the name). Whey young the summer leaves are lime green with dark veins and a wavy edge.
Established plants have summer leaves which are pale lime-yellow in colour which turn lovely shades of pink, red and purple before falling in autumn.
Cornus kousa 'Autumn Rose' is a rare large shrub or very small tree with good year long interest, ideal for a position in full sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: White sometimes tinged with pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Cornus kousa 'Autumn Rose' is fairly narrow initially, branching later on and grows to be a large shrub or eventually very small tree in many years.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m ( 10 ft).
- Important: The flowering of Cornus kousa 'Autumn Rose' is somewhat dependent upon the previous years summer weather. After a long hot summer, the following years flowering will be magnificent and after a cold, wet summer the following years flowering will be poor or sporadic.
- Notes: Found by Glenda Schmoyer, sister to Gary & Mark Handy. (http://www.handynursery.com)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot
You might also like