(Star Jasmine) An evergreen, twining climber native to parts of China, Korea and Japan, Trachelospermum jasminoides has fragrant, creamy-white flowers in late summer and dark green, glossy leaves.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An evergreen, twining climber native to parts of China, Korea and Japan, Trachelospermum jasminoides has fragrant, creamy-white flowers in late summer and dark green, glossy leaves.
The scented flowers are lovely and make Trachelospermum jasminoides a particularly sought after climber for growing up trellis near a door or garden path!
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Trachelospermum jasminoides requires shelter from cold winter wind and protection from severe frosts. Can be damaged by severe cold.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Trachelospermum jasminoides grows to be a medium sized climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Trachelospermum jasminoides is ideal for climbing up trellis or supporting wires on a wall or fence in a warm, sunny garden. This plant was formerly known as Rhyncospermum jasminoides.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like