(Indian Bean Tree) Catalpa bignonioides is a vigorous small to medium sized tree once established with large heart-shaped, dark green leaves and panicles of white flowers in mid to late summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Catalpa bignonioides is a vigorous small to medium sized tree once established with large heart-shaped, dark green leaves and panicles of white flowers in mid to late summer. These eye-catching flowers appear on established plants and have yellow and purple markings. Long bean pod like fruit appear after the flowers go over.
Best display of flowers once established will be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun and heat!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. This Catalpa requires a sheltered position in Northern parts of the U.K. and grows best when planted in a position protected from strong winds.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White with occasional yellow and purple markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with a branching, rounded crown once established.
- Height: 12 - 15 m (40 - 50 ft)
- Spread: 12 - 150 m (40 - 50 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £14.95
New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £14.95