Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Overdam'
(Variegated Reed Grass) An elegant grass with tall flower heads, Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Overdam' has flat, arching leaves with a variegated yellow margin that fades to pink tinged white as it ages.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An elegant grass, Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Overdam' has flat, arching leaves with a variegated yellow margin that fades to pink tinged white as it ages. Handsome pinkish-grey flower heads appear from midsummer and contrast well against the colourful foliage.
Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Overdam' gives long-lasting garden interest and combines well with many flowering herbaceous plants in a mixed border.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Overdam' grows to be an upright, clump forming grass.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1 m (3 ft)
- Pruning: For an attractive architectural display, allow Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Overdam' to stand over winter before cutting back to ground level in early spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Grass - Large (over 6 ft tall), Grass - Medium (3 - 6 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Variegated, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like