(Evergreen Butterfly Bush) An unusual evergreen butterfly bush native to South Africa, Buddleja salviifolia has masses of fragrant, white or pale-lilac flowers in summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual evergreen butterfly bush native to South Africa, Buddleja salviifolia has masses of fragrant, white or pale-lilac flowers in summer. The leaves are sage-like, dark green and densely covered with small, white hairs, giving the leaves a distinctive silvery colour (shown in the photo).
A handsome garden shrub, ideally Buddleja salviifolia is best suited to warmer gardens, or for growing against a hot, sunny wall or fence in cooler parts of the United Kingdom.
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Buddleja salviifolia requires protection from cold winds and is best grown against a hot, sunny wall or fence. In exceptionally cold winters, it may require protection.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White - pale lilac
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) - 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Pruning: Buddleja salviifolia can be pruned back hard in spring before it begins to grow each year to reduce the size, produce more flowering shoots and make it suitable for smaller gardens if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Scented, To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Evergreen, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)
You might also like