Betula medwedewii 'Winkworth Form'
(Transcaucasian Birch) An unusual and slow growing small and bushy tree, Betula medwedewii 'Winkworth Form' has dark green summer leaves and excellent yellow autumn colour.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual and slow growing small and bushy tree, Betula medwedewii 'Winkworth Form' has dark green summer leaves and excellent yellow autumn colour. Pale silver-grey bark once established.
Best and longest lasting autumn colour once established usually if planted in a sunny position with some shelter from strong winds. Slow growing and not for instant gratification!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Betula medwedewii 'Winkworth Form' grows to be a large branching shrub in the short term or eventually a small densely branching, compact tree.
- Height: Eventually up to 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Catkins, Ornamental Bark