(Yellow Birch) A handsome large birch, Betula alleghaniensis grows vigorously and has mid green leaves which turn good shades of yellow in autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome large birch, Betula alleghaniensis grows vigorously and has mid green leaves which turn good shades of yellow in autumn before falling. Established plant develop peeling yellow-brown bark with a silver-grey sheen.
Best autumn colour and habit will generally be seen if planted in a sunny, open position with some space in which to develop.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous
- Habit: In the UK, Betula alleghaniensis will grow to be a medium sized to large tree with a narrow crown initially rounding out as it gets older..
- Height: 15 - 20 m (50 - 65 ft)
- Spread: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like