Betula utilis 'Dark Ness'
(Himalayan Birch) A handsome birch, Betula utilis var jacquemontii 'Dark Ness' develops glossy dark brown bark with white lenticels once established.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A handsome birch, Betula utilis var jacquemontii 'Dark Ness' develops glossy dark brown bark with white lenticels once established. A small to medium sized slender, upright tree originally selected at Ness Botanic Garden.
Best growth rate and habit once established if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Betula utilis var. jacquemontii 'Dark Ness' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, slender tree.
- Height: approx 10- 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 8 - 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Rare and Unusual, Colourful winter bark
- On sale!