Betula utilis 'Forest Blush'
(Himalayan Birch) A rare selection of Himalayan birch, Betula utilis 'Forest Blush' has a lovely, nearly glowing, pale white bark when established, with hints of red and orange.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare selection of Himalayan birch, Betula utilis 'Forest Blush' has a lovely, nearly glowing, pale white bark when established, with hints of red and orange.
Betula utilis 'Forest Blush' grows to be a handsome and hardy, medium sized tree and the bark usually takes approx 2 - 3 years to fully develop.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous (moderate if grown as a multi-stemmed tree)
- Habit: Betula utilis 'Forest Blush' grows to be a medium sized, slender tree.
- Height: 12 - 15 m (40 - 50 ft)
- Spread: 8 - 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: For best effect, the bark should be scrubbed gently with a hand brush and water once a year. This removes any green algae or grime and helps to restore the colour.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark, Rare and Unusual