Betula albosinensis 'Chinese Ruby'
(Chinese Red Birch) Lovely pink stemmed Chinese birch which judging by the ten year old specimen in our gardens does not grow to vigorously and is therefore suitable for gardens with limited space.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Lovely pink stemmed Chinese birch which judging by the ten year old specimen in our gardens does not grow to vigorously and is therefore suitable for gardens with limited space. The bark is bronze/brown initially on young trees, gradually peeling and becoming more colourful after 3 - 4 years in the ground. The leaves are dark green turning shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
Betula albosinensis 'Chinese Ruby' is an attractive tree, suitable for planting in borders, woodland areas or as a standalone specimen.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Betula albosinensis 'Chinese Ruby' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, branching tree.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft) to 12 m (40 ft)
- Spread: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like