Betula albosinensis 'Hergest'
Betula albosinensis 'Hergest' is an unusual and very attractive birch growing to be a medium sized tree with superb creamy pink and white bark one established specimens.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Chinese Birch) An unusual and very attractive selection of birch growing to be a medium sized tree with creamy pink and white bark one established specimens. When young, the immature bark of Betula albosinensis 'Hergest' is a striking light coppery/bronze in colour, generally starting to peel and reveal the creamy colours beneath after around 4 - 6 years. The leaves are dark green, turning shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
Betula albosinensis 'Hergest' is an attractive tree, suitable for planting in borders, woodland areas or as a standalone specimen.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Betula albosinensis 'Hergest' grows to be a medium sized or large, branching tree.
- Height: up to 20 m (65 ft)
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like