Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange'
(Erman's Birch) Collected in Northern Honshu, Japan, Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' has beautiful coppery orange bark once established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Collected in Northern Honshu, Japan, Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' has beautiful coppery orange bark once established. The leaves are mid green in colour, turning shades of yellow and gold before falling in autumn.
A hardy tree, the bark of Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' takes a few years to really colour up well but is worth the wait!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' grows to be a medium sized, slender tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like