Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange'
(Erman's Birch) Collected in Northern Honshu, Japan, Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' has beautiful coppery orange bark once established.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
Collected in Northern Honshu, Japan, Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' has beautiful coppery orange bark once established. The leaves are mid green in colour, turning shades of yellow and gold before falling in autumn.
A hardy tree, the bark of Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' takes a few years to really colour up well but is worth the wait!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' grows to be a medium sized, slender tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like