Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange'
(Erman's Birch) Collected in Northern Honshu, Japan, Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' has beautiful coppery orange bark once established.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
Collected in Northern Honshu, Japan, Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' has beautiful coppery orange bark once established. The leaves are mid green in colour, turning shades of yellow and gold before falling in autumn.
A hardy tree, the bark of Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' takes a few years to really colour up well but is worth the wait!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Betula ermanii 'Hakkoda Orange' grows to be a medium sized, slender tree.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Windy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark