Akebia quinata 'Alba'
(Chocolate vine) An eye catching evergreen climber, Akebia quinata 'Alba' has cascades of fragrant, pure white flowers in spring which stand out well against the handsome, deep green leaves.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An eye catching selection of chocolate vine with white flowers, Akebia quinata 'Alba' has cascades of fragrant, pure white flowers in spring which stand out well against the handsome, deep green leaves.
An unusual plant and ideal as a semi-evergreen climber for growing up trellis or wires against walls, fences or a pagoda.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Akebia quinata 'Alba' is semi-evergreen and will drop its leaves in a cold winter.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Akebia quinata 'Alba' is a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like