Acer palmatum 'Ukigumo'
25(Japanese Maple) The Japanese name 'Ukigumo' translates as 'Floating Cloud' which aptly describes the beautiful leaves and also in Japan it embodies a philosophical point of view.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
The Japanese name 'Ukigumo' translates as 'Floating Cloud' which aptly describes the beautiful leaves and also in Japan it embodies a philosophical point of view. This cultivar has deeply cut, five lobed leaves that are mottled and edged with lovely creamy-white markings. The leaves can on occasion appear as pure white although these usually develop green markings in time.
Acer palmatum 'Ukigumo' always looks lovely when planted against a dark background as the white markings are more clearly visible.
- Position: Light dappled or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer palmatum 'Ukigumo' will grow best when planted in an area sheltered from strong winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Acer palmatum 'Ukigumo' eventually grows to be a medium sized to large, branching shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft) / [up to 2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Foliage - Variegated, Suitable for Containers