Acer tatarica ssp ginnala
(Amur Maple) Acer ginnala is an unusual, hardy and robust large shrub or small tree once established with excellent orange and red autumn colour.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
One of our favourite maples, Acer ginnala is native to central China and Japan and has bright green leaves which turn glorious shades of orange and crimson in autumn before falling. The autumn colour of Acer ginnala is particularly eye-catching when several are planted together as a thicket or to act as a screen.
Acer ginnala is a hardy, robust small tree and an excellent choice of tree for autumn colour in a position which would be to exposed for the more commonly planted Acer palmatum (Japanese Maple)
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil. Acer ginnala will give a better display of autumn colour if planted in slightly acidic soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Acer ginnala is notably drought-tolerant.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Acer ginnala grows to be a small, usually multi-stemmed, rounded tree.
- 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft) /
- 8 m (26 ft) /
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour
You might also likeNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £16.95
New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £12.50New Price Each £18.50