Acer rubrum 'October Glory'
(Canadian Maple) Acer rubrum 'October Glory' is a suberb, reliable medium sized tree with green summer leaves which turn vivid shades of orange and red before falling in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
In recent years Acer rubrum 'October Glory' has established itself as one of the most spectacular trees in autumn, the leaves turn long lasting shades of rich metallic-red and golden-orange in October.
A handsome and vigorous cultivar, Acer rubrum 'October Glory' makes a fantastic and colourful street or garden tree and can also be planted en masse to create an unusual screen or avenue!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil. The autumn colour of Acer rubrum 'October Glory' will be more intense in more acidic soils!
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Acer rubrum 'October Glory' grows to be a medium sized tree with an oval crown once established.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft) / or up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft) / or up to 5 m (16 ft) after 10 years
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour