Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason'
Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' is an attractive medium sized, semi evergreen shrub with handsome golden yellow young leaves and pale pink flowers in summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Known for its colourful foliage, Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' is a semi evergreen shrub with golden-yellow variegation on the young leaves. The golden leaf colour is most vivid when planted in a warm, sunny position and the older leaves gradually turn pale and then dark green.
Masses of small and long lasting, pale pink, trumpet-shaped flowers appear on the branches in summer. Ideal for growing against a wall or fence in a sunny, warm garden.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' may require protection in very cold winters.
- Flowering Period: July - October
- Flower Colour: Pale pinkish-white
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' grows to be a small or medium sized, rounded, densely branching shrub.
- Height: eventually up to 1.5 m (5 ft) / or up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft) after 10 years
- Spread: eventually 2 m (6 ft) / or up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft) after 10 years
- Notes: Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason' is semi-evergreen and may keep its leaves throughout mild winters. In colder winters the leaves will fall.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Scented, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like