Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies'
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' has clear silvery-blue young leaves turning greenish-blue as they age and masses of delightful bell-shaped, pure-white flowers in early to mid summer.
An unusual and eye-catching garden plant, best suited to a garden with acid soil. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' can also be grown very successfully in a large container.
- Position: Partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. May require shelter from cold winter winds and protection in severe winter weather.
- Flowering Period: May
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' grows to be a small branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Blue/Silver