Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies'
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A handsome, semi-evergreen shrub native to the eastern United States, Zenobia is one of the most beautiful and neglected of early summer flowering shrubs. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' has clear silvery-blue young leaves turning greenish-blue as they age and masses of delightful bell-shaped, pure-white flowers in early to mid summer.
An unusual and eye-catching garden plant, best suited to a garden with acid soil. Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' can also be grown very successfully in a large container.
- Position: Partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. May require shelter from cold winter winds and protection in severe winter weather.
- Flowering Period: May
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' grows to be a small branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will NOT replace a Zenobia pulverulenta 'Blue Skies' which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (under 5 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering in Summer, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver