Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls'
An handsome, compact climber, Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls' has an impressive display of fragrant lilac pink-purple flower racemes in early summer.
These plants are in 7.5L pots tied into a framework.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An handsome, compact climber, Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls' has an impressive display of fragrant lilac pink-purple flower racemes in early summer. These flowers stand out well against the bright green, pinnate (feather-like) summer leaves.
generally a little slower growing and smaller than our other Wisteria once established, this is ideal for gardens with limited space and will flower best if planted against a warm, sunny wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Purple-pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls' grows to be a medium-sized climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13ft)
- Spread: 3 m
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning branches back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer, Scented