Wisteria brachybotrys 'Showa-beni'
(Silky Wisteria) Wisteria brachybotrys 'Showa-beni' is an elegant large climber with racemes of conspicuous, fragrant, lilac-pink flowers in late spring or early summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Wisteria brachybotrys 'Showa-beni' is an elegant large climber with racemes of conspicuous, fragrant, lilac-pink flowers in late spring or early summer. The emerald green summer leaves have golden-yellow tints as they falling autumn.
Best display of flowers once established if grown in a sunny position against a wall or fence.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Dark, violet blue.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning the branches of Wisteria brachybotrys 'Okayama' back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like