Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple'
An unusual climber, Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple has long racemes of exquisite, perfumed, purple flowers in early summer.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An unusual climber, Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple has long racemes of exquisite, perfumed, purple flowers in early summer. A popular plant for training along wires or up trellis against a sunny house wall or fence and Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple' is also extremely attractive when grown through established trees or shrubs!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Deep purple
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning the branches of Wisteria floribunda 'Royal Purple' back to create stumpy spurs in August and February.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer