- On sale!
Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluecrop'
(Blueberry) A blueberry cultivar which is popular with both commercial growers and gardeners, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluecrop' produces heavy crops of good sized fruit with a bright blue colour in late summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 30 - 50 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A blueberry cultivar which is popular with both commercial growers and gardeners, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluecrop' produces heavy crops of good sized fruit with a bright blue colour in late summer. The berries can be eaten fresh or used in baking, stewing or making pies. The leaves turn bright red and orange before falling in autumn.
Excellent border shrub or ideal for growing in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Although self fertile, this plant will produce a much better crop of berries when planted alongside another blueberry such as Vaccinium corymbosum 'Berkeley'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Edible, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like