Tilia platyphyllos 'Aurea'
(Golden-stemmed Lime) An unusual tree with excellent winter colour, Tilia platyphyllos 'Aurea' has large green leaves and very attractive, golden greenish-yellow young shoots in winter which turn to olive green in the summer.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 - 4 years old, 60 - 80 cm tall)
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An unusual tree with excellent winter colour, Tilia platyphyllos 'Aurea' has large green leaves and very attractive, golden greenish-yellow young shoots in winter which turn to olive green in the summer.
This lime tree can be pollarded or coppiced each year for the colourful bark effect, which is also useful for reducing the end size, making it more suitable for smaller gardens.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: August - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Tilia platyphyllos 'Aurea' can be coppiced yearly to keep it small and shrubby but will eventually grow to be a large tree with a rounded crown if left unpruned.
- Height: 25 m (82 ft)
- Spread: 20m (65 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
You might also like